Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Falling off the wagon.





Welp, it's been a few days since I've last written. This is usually when I start to lose interest and focus with a project like this. But I'm going to push through!

My life has been in a slight whirlwind lately. This is my last week of work. I'm pretty glad to be leaving, but it's sad. I've made some really good friends at this job, and that's going to be hard. But, like I always say, being sad to leave a place just means that you've made connections with people. So it's sad, but it's also a good thing.

I had a friend in town last weekend, Carly. She was one of my best friends I made from studying abroad. She was just here for two nights, so me and Kate, my other good from study abroad who lives in DC, got to spend all day Sunday together, as well as the afternoon and have a wonderful dinner together on Saturday night at the best restaurant in Washington: Siroc. I've eaten there a few times and every time I go back the food is better and better.

After dinner on Saturday, I went to meet up with some friends from work for a goodbye party for someone else who is leaving (she actually just left today I think). It was so fun to see a bunch of people outside of work (including my manager) and just kick back and relax around each other. It was so much fun. Special thanks to Lisa and her brother for hooking us up in Dupont!

So that was over the weekend. Then Monday I stayed with my friend Cay-Cay (that's Catherine to you) and we watched The Queen about the death of Princess Diana and the reaction of the royal family. It was so interesting. I was a little confused because I wasn't sure about how everyone was related and what not, but it was a very interesting film.

And then finally, last night I went to the Orioles' v. Yankees game in Baltimore. We left after the 7th and the O's lost, lol. Womp womp. But it was a good game. Luke Scott hit a three run homer to pull the O's ahead in the 5th, but then the Yanks came back soon after to pull ahead and finish the game 9-6. We had great seats though. We were right by the O's dugout about five or six rows from the front. And we got the tickets from my aunt's law firm, so it was free!

Good times. So anyway, that's why I haven't written in a while. But I'm going to be better about it! Now off to work! 3 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment